A Gradual Transition back into society
Upon completing our one-year program, Teen Challenge offers a graduate the opportunity to enroll in the Phase 4 Program. This postgraduate program is six months in length. If the graduate believes additional time to their Phase 4 program would be helpful, Teen Challenge may provide a six-month extension.
The Phase 4 program is a season to set clear goals and further ease the transition back into society. The benefit to a Teen Challenge graduate can be tremendous because it is an awesome opportunity to have 'more time'!
- More time to receive mentorship from Teen Challenge staff and community volunteers.
- More time to learn personal financial management skills and design a practical budget.
- More time to learn relapse prevention techniques, life management skills, and establish healthy boundaries.
- More time to learn new job skills, work on a resume, and plan a post Teen Challenge career.
- More time to work on a GED, research post-secondary programs, and apply to the vocational school, community college, or university of their choice.
- More time to decide on a home church and connect with a pastor and church community.
A Phase 4 student receives a monthly honorarium, plus free room and board. Students continue to be accountable to Teen Challenge while given greater responsibility and increased freedom. Ultimately, Phase 4 students make a valued and meaningful contribution to their Teen Challenge community as first-class role models for new students.