Student Life Assistant
Ontario Men's Centre (London, ON)
Posted On: Fri, 12 May. 2023
Pay Rate: As Agreed
Hours: Full Time
Reporting To: Centre Director
Note: This is a full-time position directly reporting to the Centre Director; pay rate as agreed, based on experience, expertise, and applicable education.
The primary responsibility of the Student Life Assistant is to provide coordination of student care of those who are enrolled in Teen Challenge’s 12-month faith-based, rehabilitation Program. The incumbent works with the students in all areas of personal development, growth, life skills, as well as social and spiritual activities to enable the student to attain his/her full potential. Responsibilities include: promoting an environment that is supportive, nurturing, healthy and safe, while helping to ensure that the physical needs of students are met. Responsible for proper and accurate recording of all daily logs, shift reports, scheduling medical and legal appointments and activities, overseeing incoming student-related donations, and all other documentation as required.
WHO WE ARE
Teen Challenge Canada Inc. operates 12-month in-residence alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation programs, for adults 18+ years, with centres located in Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and Ontario. We offer help and hope to those struggling with alcoholism and/or addiction to other drugs through a proven faith-based program. Those struggling with addiction, their family and friends, begin their restoration at Teen Challenge.
- Perform Admission of applicants into the Teen Challenge Program, welcoming the applicant, providing orientation during the Orientation Period, and administer all forms and consents
- Attend to legal matters, including communications with external legal parties
- Enrol and administer any social service support programs available to the student
- Ensure all timely student scheduling, communications and coordination of off-site and on-site student activities, through the student database
- Provide daily processing, communication & coordination of student requests
- Coordinate all student appointments (legal, medical, dental, etc.) for approvals,transportation, communications and scheduling
- Coordination of staff requests for student activities (outreach, special events, etc.)
- Provide oversight to student needs and requests (haircuts, clothing, & other personal needs) including bed assignments and dormitory needs
- Coordinate all student after-hours activities and student affairs as needed
- Coordinate student affairs with other staff as needed
- Provide assistance for the Learning Opportunities Program and the administration of procedures
- Coordinate student compliance with all Program policy and procedures
- Manage student personal effects storage
- Maintain and oversee the discharge procedures for students departing the program
- Participate in various departmental operational duties, tasks and meetings
- Perform tasks and duties as assigned by the Student Life Coordinator and or the Centre Director from time to time
We Are Christian We believe that God is the catalyst for change for people with life-controlling drug and alcohol problems.
We Are Committed To Those Who Are Addicted We believe that a balance of love, accountability and training are required to prepare the individual for successful re-entry into society.
We Value People Our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, churches, board members and advisory councils are appreciated and worthy of respect and honour
We Are Stewards We are committed to managing wisely all resources entrusted to us recognizing that we are ultimately accountable to God.
For Qualifications and a detailed Job Description of this position, please Click Here
Back to Previous Page