Donor Relations Liaison
Ontario Men's Centre (London, ON)
Posted On: Thu, 11 May. 2023
Pay Rate: As Agreed
Hours: Full Time
Reporting To: Sr. Development Officer
Note: This is a full-time position directly reporting to the Sr. Development Officer; pay rate as agreed, based on experience, expertise, and applicable education.
The primary responsibility of the Donor Relations Liaison is to support the Development Officer to help achieve annual revenue targets by executing fund-raising initiatives such as outreaches, events and donor relations. The Donor Relations Liaison works in collaboration with the Development Officer, Regional Development Team members, Centre Directors and Administrative Support Staff to plan and execute all local development initiatives, in adherence with Best Practices as established by the National Office.
WHO WE ARE
Teen Challenge Canada Inc. operates 12-month in-residence alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation programs, for adults 18+ years, with centres located in Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and Ontario. We offer help and hope to those struggling with alcoholism and/or addiction to other drugs through a proven faith-based program. Those struggling with addiction, their family and friends, begin their restoration at Teen Challenge.
- Lead outreach teams to achieve revenue and sponsor targets
- Train outreach team leaders for best practices
- Assist with planning and organization of fund-raising events including but not limited to Golf Tournaments, Freedom Rides, Galas and Concerts
- Recruit and mobilize committee members and participants for fund-raising events
- Solicit corporate sponsors for events
- Develop, engage and nurture existing relationships including new and existing church partner relationships, regular partner’s relationships, and new and existing major relationships
- Mentor and mobilize volunteers, students and committee members as required to help achieve annual fundraising targets.
- Provide support for Capital Campaign initiatives as required
- Perform administrative functions and other duties as assigned by the Development Officer
- Handle sensitive/confidential material strictly in accordance with Teen Challenge Canada’s policies and procedures
- Able to effectively communicate and promote Teen Challenge Canada’s mission and development initiatives to prospective donors
- Work collaboratively with committees, Development Team staff, Centre Directors, and Administrative Support Staff
- Regular, timely and accurate update of relevant data in the Teen Challenge donor database
- Attend monthly ambassador meetings and other important meetings as required
- Execute and support a team approach to fundraising throughout Teen Challenge Canada
- Communicate logistics with prospective church contacts to ensure thorough preparation of the choir’s arrival
- Oversee the preparation of visual media and provide details surrounding audio needs, sponsorship opportunities, lunch, and other needs as necessary
- Ensure the choir team is set up for success by maintaining scheduling, delegating tasks to necessary parties, and implementing changes as they arise
- Drive the bus to the appropriate destination, or arrange for an alternate driver to fulfil this responsibility
- Liaison between Outreaches, Partner Services and Sponsorship, on a regular basis
We Are Christian We believe that God is the catalyst for change for people with life-controlling drug and alcohol problems.
We Are Committed To Those Who Are Addicted We believe that a balance of love, accountability and training are required to prepare the individual for successful re-entry into society.
We Value People Our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, churches, board members and advisory councils are appreciated and worthy of respect and honour
We Are Stewards We are committed to managing wisely all resources entrusted to us recognizing that we are ultimately accountable to God.
For Qualifications and a detailed Job Description of this position, please Click Here
Back to Previous Page