Alberta Men's Centre (Priddis, AB)
Posted On: Wed, 01 Mar. 2023
Pay Rate: As Agreed
Hours: Full Time
Reporting To: Centre Director
Note: This is a full-time position directly reporting to the Centre Director; pay rate as agreed, based on experience, expertise, and applicable education.
As a compassionate organization whose mission is to help men and women overcome substance addictions to lead full and productive lives; the primary responsibility of the Addictions Counsellor is to provide one-on-one therapeutic rehabilitative counselling sessions for clients in our program while ensuring compliance with psychotherapeutic counselling standards as well as the Teen Challenge program standards. As an Addictions Counsellor, you would write and implement a treatment plan for case load clients provide weekly one-on-one counselling, group sessions, relapse prevention and exit strategy planning while including and implementing biblical principles.
WHO WE ARE
Teen Challenge Canada Inc. operates 12-month in-residence alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation programs, for adults 18+ years, with centres located in Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and Ontario. We offer help and hope to those struggling with alcoholism and/or addiction to other drugs through a proven faith-based program. Those struggling with addiction, their family and friends, begin their restoration at Teen Challenge.
- Provide one-on-one therapeutic rehabilitative counselling sessions for clients in the Teen Challenge Canada program, assigned to case load, ensuring compliance with psychotherapeutic counselling standards and the Teen Challenge Canada Program Standards
- Write and implement a “Treatment Plan” for case load clients
- Provide weekly one-on-one counselling and weekly group sessions, addictions relapse prevention and exit strategy planning
- Acquire feedback on student progress from other staff, Discipline Board and other components of the TCC program, through attendance to program meetings
- Maintain confidential student files according to Teen Challenge policies
- Complete and maintain accurate records and reports regarding the patients’ histories and progress, services provided, and other required information
- Attend professional development courses as directed by the Centre Director, including any prescribed continuing education to maintain certification
- Ensure compliance with and maintain membership in good standing with counselling code of ethics and association membership requirements
- Ability to support the student into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and implementing biblical principles for successful daily living
We Are Christian We believe that God is the catalyst for change for people with life-controlling drug and alcohol problems.
We Are Committed To Those Who Are Addicted We believe that a balance of love, accountability and training are required to prepare the individual for successful re-entry into society.
We Value People Our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, churches, board members and advisory councils are appreciated and worthy of respect and honour
We Are Stewards We are committed to managing wisely all resources entrusted to us recognizing that we are ultimately accountable to God.
For Qualifications and a detailed Job Description of this position, please Click Here
Back to Previous Page