Thrift Store Associate - Part Time
Teen Challenge Canada (London, ON)
Posted On: Tue, 09 May. 2023
Pay Rate: As Agreed
Hours: Part Time
Reporting To: Thrift Store Manager
Note: This is a part-time position directly reporting to the Thrift Store Manager; pay rate as agreed, based on experience, expertise, and applicable education.
The primary responsibility of the Thrift Store Associate is to work alongside the Thrift Store team to ensure that the Thrift Store is operating effectively. Responsibilities include, preparing the store for opening, or closing, unloading and sorting donations, restocking inventory, working the cash register, maintaining customer satisfaction, and assisting with overseeing the volunteers.
WHO WE ARE
Teen Challenge Canada Inc. operates 12-month in-residence alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation programs, for adults 18+ years, with centres located in Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and Ontario. We offer help and hope to those struggling with alcoholism and/or addiction to other drugs through a proven faith-based program. Those struggling with addiction, their family and friends, begin their restoration at Teen Challenge.
- Greet customers and provide guidance on where they may find items within the store, while maintaining a high level of customer service
- Prepare merchandise for purchase by loading/unloading donations and restocking inventory
- Assist with setting up merchandise displays
- Work in partnership with the Thrift Store Managers, students, and volunteers to maximize store sales and in-store presence
- Assist with training and supervising volunteers
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanour, and attitude at all times
- Process customer sales and returns by operating the cash register
- Ensure store is clean and customer ready
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
We Are Christian We believe that God is the catalyst for change for people with life-controlling drug and alcohol problems.
We Are Committed To Those Who Are Addicted We believe that a balance of love, accountability and training are required to prepare the individual for successful re-entry into society.
We Value People Our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, churches, board members and advisory councils are appreciated and worthy of respect and honour
We Are Stewards We are committed to managing wisely all resources entrusted to us recognizing that we are ultimately accountable to God.
For Qualifications and a detailed Job Description of this position, please Click Here
Back to Previous Page