Community Support Worker - Part Time
Ontario Men's Centre (London, ON)
Posted On: Wed, 01 Mar. 2023
Pay Rate: As Agreed
Hours: Part Time
Reporting To: Centre Director
Note: This is a part-time position directly reporting to the Centre Director; pay rate as agreed, based on experience, expertise, and applicable education.
The primary responsibility of the Community Support Worker is to provide support to the clients at Teen Challenge Canada. The incumbent works with the clients in all areas of personal development, growth, life skills, as well as social and spiritual activities to enable the client to attain his/her full potential. Responsibilities include: promoting an environment that is supportive, nurturing, healthy and safe, while helping to ensure that the physical needs of clients are met. Responsible for proper and accurate recording of all daily logs, shift reports, incident reports, and all other documentation as required.
WHO WE ARE
Teen Challenge Canada Inc. operates 12-month in-residence alcohol and drug addiction rehabilitation programs, for adults 18+ years, with centres located in Alberta, Atlantic Canada, Saskatchewan and Ontario. We offer help and hope to those struggling with alcoholism and/or addiction to other drugs through a proven faith-based program. Those struggling with addiction, their family and friends, begin their restoration at Teen Challenge.
- Willingness and ability to work in a manner that aligns with the mission, vision, and core values of Teen Challenge Canada
- Promote an environment and program that is both supportive and nurturing
- Involvement in the planning and implementation of the program schedule in conjunction with team members and other staff
- Have a working knowledge of the application and maintenance of program procedures and standards
- Support the efforts to promote the students’ spiritual needs by way of demonstrated interest and participation in program activities where necessary
- Demonstrate an understanding of the psychological and social dynamics of working with students coping with addictions
- Maintain a safe, clean and harmonious environment for students and staff
- Effectively communicate with students and program team members to ensure coordinated and consistent approaches to students are applied
- Resolve any conflicts that may occur by applying techniques adapted from Crisis Prevention Intervention training
- Endeavour to develop strong positive rapport with both staff and students
- Ensure the accuracy of all daily logs, shift reports, incident reports, and other pertinent documentation as necessary
- Administer medication to students in accordance with established policies
- Responsible for assisting with any type of student and facility emergencies that may arise during the shift
- Required to answer internal phone calls and email messages pertaining to students and the program
- Responsible for transportation of students to and from specific destinations including, but not limited to: programming sites, doctor’s appointments, planned activities, church, and other destinations as required
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings while on duty
- Enter student information and shift reports into Teen Challenge’s CMS
- Develop a thorough understanding of Teen Challenge’s Learning Opportunities Program and enforce it when necessary
We Are Christian We believe that God is the catalyst for change for people with life-controlling drug and alcohol problems.
We Are Committed To Those Who Are Addicted We believe that a balance of love, accountability and training are required to prepare the individual for successful re-entry into society.
We Value People Our clients, donors, staff, volunteers, churches, board members and advisory councils are appreciated and worthy of respect and honour
We Are Stewards We are committed to managing wisely all resources entrusted to us recognizing that we are ultimately accountable to God.
For Qualifications and a detailed Job Description of this position, please Click Here
Back to Previous Page